Last Monday - Tuesday (7th-8th March), our department of English held a conference (English Language Conference) with PROFESSOR ROD ELLIS as the guest speaker. He is a deputy head of the Department of Applied Language Studies and Linguistics at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Since 1980, Professor Ellis has authored more than 30 books and 100 articles on second language acquisition (Wikipedia). During the conference, he gave a talk on his own research and one thing that I remember the most was when he said, ‘Noam’s Chomsky’s experiments are useless for language teachers’...(Motif???) He also gave some workshops on grammar, discourse analysis and second language acquisition as well.
Prof. Rod Ellis
I became the usherette for the day along with some of my friends (Oly, Lien, Tony, Kevin, Sharon, Ken, and some of the juniors). OMG...Seriously...It was a very tiring day because we had to stand and greet the participants for almost half a day. We had to assist all the participants to their respective rooms for their presentation. I was not able to attend any presentation on the first day due to the ‘ad-lib’ responsibilities that I had to do. Fortunately, on the second day of the conference, I manage to listen to 2 presentations done by my lectures, Dr. Raja Syafinaz & Mr. Zain. I am glad that I can attend those 2 presentations because at least I gain some knowledge particularly on the lecturer’s perception towards us as students. From the talk, I found out that undergraduate students are very weak in writing journal article review...
(Geez...What a boring story to read...)
Actually, my main intention of posting this entry is just to ‘show-off’ some pictures that were taken on that event. Hehehe..So, enjoy....J
Tony & Kevin
Oly, Me, Sharon
(Pic quite blurr...)
Si Pendek dan Si Panjang
Paying 'full attention' during the seminar (haha...)
Oly & I at one of the booths
The pictures below are 'After event session'
P.I.M.P
(Paling Ikhlas Minta Puji)
P/S:
Even though I was exhausted-to-death on that day, I still enjoyed being one of the usher & usherettes in that big conference because.....Free food (3x per day) was provided...LOL...Looking forward to...coming exciting events throughout this semester...

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment