Thursday, September 6

2011 Asia-Pacific Youth Caravan in South Korea (Part I - Preparation)

Alright, as promised I’ll be babbling about my trip to South Korea last year. So, many people had been asking me about how the hell did I manage to get a chance to go to Korea FOR FREE!! That’s the best part of it. I sense jealousy…kekeke…or…What did you do in Korea…or…Was it some kind of vacation…or…REALLY?? You went to Korea?? OMG2!! I’m so jealous!!! (Okay, I exaggerate it…hahaha). So, here's where the 'fairytale' began...


So, here’s the reason why I got that wonderful opportunity to go to Korea, one of my dreamland! Thanks to our ex-MPP – AfiQ who informed us (Olivia & I) about it. It was during our practical in SMK Kalumpang, Tg. Malim when he told us about the ‘ASIA-PACIFIC YOUTH CARAVAN’ that was held in Korea from September 23 – October 1, 2011. But before everything else, of course we need to fill a form & also write a kind of essay telling about the reasons as to why would we like to join the trip. So, I tried my best to write the best essay ever & most importantly complimenting the culture of Korea (telling how much I love it by looking at movies, dramas, bla..bla..bla……….selling….& I was bought!!! THANK GOD!) But I meant all the compliments, okay! Because I super-duper want to go to KOREA.

Hey, it's not like we went there 'bare-handed', u know...We were asked to do an assignment to be presented during the caravan. Since this caravan focused on culture & biodiversity, we need to talk about the unique policies of our country in which help to promote cultural or bio-diversity and ensure that people live together in harmony and peace. We also talked about ways of promoting cultural or biodiversity done by the government, businesses and individuals in our own country.

So when I got the Invitation Letter (meaning that I was chosen to be one of the participants!), I was excessively full of excitement...hahaha! (sakai s’bab x penah pegi oversea..haha) Btw, I’m not saying that I was chosen because I was the best in my university but because there were only two of us filled in the form so I guess, it was just my LUCK. Other than myself, there were 4 other Malaysian representatives, Solehah & Shahrul from Kota Bharu Polytechnics, Heflin from UMS and Fatihah from USIM.
with Fatihah & Solehah...Shahrul was recording...I think Heflin was the camera-man.
After the verification, I started my preparation in only about 2 weeks. Most importantly, I had to apply for my International Passport. It was supposed to take an hour to finish but because of some sort of ‘immigration bureaucracy’, I had to wait for almost a damn week to get it done. Geez...Another most important preparation was SHOPPING...tehehe...since it was in autumn so the temperature was around 15 to 20 degrees Celsius (Malaysian air-cond...haha) so we prepared ourselves with warm clothes. And lastly, we had to bring materials that may introduce our country such any kind of snacks, traditional clothes, post-cards or others. I decided to bring my (actually borrowed) traditional clothes, Baju Kadazan & few post-cards...So, when I said it was FREE I wasn’t saying it was entirely free....you know what I mean.

FREE what??
--> I was sponsored by my university itself for 2 ways flight ticket - LCCT to/from Incheon International Airport, transportation to/from the airport 
--> APECIU provided us with accommodation, meals, training kit, local transportation & travel insurance

NO DAILY ALLOWANCE. Note that. We brought our own pocket money for ‘berfoya-foya’..hihihi..

so, Answered??
!!Picture time!!
was excitedly waiting in my room before going to the airport...
6 hours flight...sigh* fortunately, i was accompanied by this not-so-interesting novel.

it wasn't a premium seat so u tell me how does it feel to be on Airasia's economy seat. And imagine, 6 hours man!!
and when I reached Incheon International Airport, this was the first thing I had on my mind. Look at the toilet bowl! it's covered with plastic!! jadi x payah geli kalau mau duduk sebab plastik tu akan kna ganti after u finish just by pressing the 'button'. (sakai lagi..haha)

Bro Jin, one of our facilitators. He's awesome!

Okay!  I’ll share my 9 days experience throughout the caravan in my next posts. For now.... kamsahamnida for reading!! Annyeong.....

(Now count how many of the word ‘KOREA’ was written..hahaha) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
;